Clinical trials have been very much in the spotlight the last year, and what has been achieved in the development of vaccines that are now finding their way to the community is nothing short of remarkable.
So with International Clinical Trials Day (20May) upon us, we’d likd to take a moment to thank everyone that has worked in and participated in the clinical trials that have led to the development of the COVID19 vaccines and treatments. Your extraordinary commitment is noted.
There’s a few events happening around the place aiming to celebrate and raise awareness/understanding of clinical trials in Australia this week. Here are a small selection, but feel free to tag us if you hear of any others.
In Australia (all in AEST):
· Praxis Australia-led #WhyWeDoResearch Tweetchat discussing all things AI in clinical trials – 19 May 7-8pm on Twitter.
· WhiteCoats Foundation Webinar Your Voice, Your Story initiative – 20May 11-12pm
· St Vincents Melbourne ‘Trial Participant Engagement and Diversity’ Panel Discussion Webinar – 20 May, 12-1pm. Register via email@example.com (20 May, 12:00-1:00pm AEST)
· Launch of MTPConnect Clinical Trials Report and ACTA Trial of the Year Award celebrations – 20 May from 3pm (virtual/in person)
· ICON Group Webinar – Your Cancer Research Questions Answered – 20May 6.30-7.30pm
· QIMR Berghoffer are highlighting on LinkedIn a different clinical trials group each week
We are also taking this opportunity to refresh the community interested in hearing more about or working together to create a more patient-centred clinical trials environment. If you’d like to be part of this, please sign up to our contacts list so we can stay connected and learn from each other.